Well-being is a hot topic in offices across the country, and quite rightly so. A healthy work life balance is essential to good mental health. You can now create your own Well Being Certificate to support your staff with SkillGate.
The Novel Coronavirus has been hitting the headlines in recent weeks and has now reached the UK. We are offering our Infection Prevention and Control
course free to customers to help prevent the spread of infection in our workplaces.
Exposure to asbestos can be fatal so working with the material is extremely hazardous. The use of asbestos was banned in the UK in 1999, so many buildings built prior to this date will still contain asbestos. It is vital that you protect yourself.
Whatever business you are in, there is a right way and a wrong way to conduct it. Around a quarter of UK businesses say they have been asked to pay a bribe in the past 5 years. Paying, accepting or just promising to pay a bribe is a criminal offence.
Good physical and mental health are essential for optimal performance at work. By raising mental health awareness and supporting those with issues, it is possible to provide a workplace that is a suitably thriving environment for everyone.
More than 40% of workers in the UK neglect other areas of their lives because of work. Having a healthy work/life balance is essential for protecting against work related stress and can help increase productivity during office hours.
SkillBuilder blended - deeper learning
We are delighted to introduce our SkillBuilder blended certificate courses to the SkillGate library.
Focusing on soft-skills and self-development, these courses are designed to cater to different learning styles and offer a deeper learning experience. The courses incorporate 4 different training layers to ensure that learners approach the subject from 4 different angles.
- A series of eLearning Tutorials make up the structured learning element of a SkillBuilder blended programme. The tutorials guide learners through the basics of what they need to know, offering context and understanding to the subject.
- Tutor-marked assignments invite learners to consider and build on what they have learnt via written answers to questions related to the topic. Tutor support in the form of assignment feedback and online Q&A motivates learners to further explore the subject.
- Face-to-face training - either via a traditional classroom session, or via webinar - means the SkillBuilder blended programmes incorporate a person-to-person training aspect which encourages learners to complete the course.
- Post-course skills embedding ensures that the learning doesn't end when the training course is complete. Regular 'SkillBytes' are sent out to learners who have completed the course via email. SkillBytes are designed to embed what has been learnt and expand on the learning by offering suggestions for further study, short exercises, refreshers and related articles.
We currently have 10 SkillBuilder blended courses available under the following titles:
- Customer Service Excellence
- Key Communication Skills
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Working with Teams
- Negotiation Skills
- Delivering Better Appraisals
- Managing Conflict & Difficult Situations
- Coaching for Performance
- Persuasion & Influence
- Becoming the Leader You Want To Be
We are offering 3 SkillBuilder blended courses free for a year to all SkillGate customers with the latest version of the SkillGate LMS.
Get in touch with a member of the team if you would like to learn more!
If you would like to discuss any of these issues with SkillGate, or contribute any articles or white papers, please call 01730 815670 or email enquiries @skillgate.com.