Updates from SkillGate's training system.
Home or remote workers often work for long periods of time without close or direct supervision. This Certificate will help them to recognise, understand and manage the health, safety and wellbeing issues related to working from home or remotely.
By the end of this Certificate delegates will have a better understanding of:
- How to set up a safe and effective home workspace
- The health risks associated with improper use of DSE and adjustments you can make
- Health and safety hazards and risks around the home and how to eliminate or reduce these
- Personal safety issues for home or remote workers
- Correct manual handling techniques
- How to manage your own mental health and wellbeing
There is also an assessment, based on the content of the Certificate, for home-workers to complete in order to establish the safety level of their current working environment.
For a taster of what to expect from this course, watch the introductory video from the 'Lone Working Safety for Home and Remote Workers' tutorial below which is included in the Certificate.